|Title||2017 Enforcement Regulation Amendment for Chemical Materials Control Act|
- The Ministry of Environment announced that the ''''Chemical Materials Control Act'''' amending the Enforcement Regulations is to be implemented beginning May 30th to prevent the occurrence of chemical accidents and minimize the damage inflicted.
* The major contents of Chemical Materials Control Act Enforcement Regulation amendment include the strengthened punishment to be imposed on the entities violating the immediate report obligation in case of chemical accident occurrence, designation of additional chemical substances requiring countermeasure against the accident, prohibition of door-to-door delivery of harmful chemical materials, obligating the providing break time for long distance transport of harmful chemical materials, and rationalizing of criteria for installation and management of handling facilities.
- The Enforcement Regulation amended reinforced the administrative disposition criteria requiring to cancel the business permit of site subject to accident violating the obligation of immediate chemical accident report regulation for 3 times.
* In the event of occurrence of any chemical accidents, the corresponding site subject to accident shall immediately report to the competent local municipal government, local (regional) Office of Environment, competent police station and fire station within 15 minutes in accordance with the regulation requiring immediate report.
* The previous regulation stipulated the punishment of sales business interruption for one month only against violating the immediate report obligatory regulation by 4 times.
For more information, see the attached file.
|Prev||"Underground Environment Pollution & Risk Management Technology Development Project" Passed the Preliminary Feasibility Survey||2017.11.30|
|Next||Amendment Bill for Enforcement Ordinance of 'Persistent Pollutants Control Act' Resolved at the State Council of Korean Government (March 2017)||2017.10.20|